It is with great regret, that AMA and National Free Flight Society (NFFS) today announce that the current COVID-19 pandemic has forced the cancellation of the Indoor Nats scheduled for May 27-31, 2020 in Eagar, Arizona. We do not anticipate that there will be a rescheduling of this event in 2020. Anyone that had already registered will be refunded 100% by AMA automatically.
Obviously, the health and safety of contestants is our primary concern and we will absolutely abide by all federal, state and local guidelines.
Per AMA guidance, NFFS is continuing with planning for the Outdoor Free Flight Nats, July 27-31 in Muncie, Indiana.
Muncie has a little more infrastructure and the date is far enough out that we have some time to make the decision. That said, we know that attendees need to make arrangements, so we will make a GO / NO GO decision on or before June 10, 2020, based on conditions and guidance from all federal, state, and local authorities.
We just don’t know the ultimate scope of this pandemic; however, we want to let facts guide our decisions as best as possible. If you hope to attend, I encourage you to monitor the current status at modelaircraft.org/nats. If you think you will want to attend, please feel free to register. In the event the Outdoor Nats need to be cancelled, AMA has assured that all registration fees will be refunded.
We are trying to make the best decision possible for all concerned and value your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly at NFFSPresident@freeflight.org or call me at (312) 804-5798.
Add new comment